Sunday, March 18, 2012

Introduction/First Post

This is really exciting...my first post. First, I want to introduce myself and explain why I've created this blog.

My name is Jamie and I live in a small Kansas town. My husband and I are both high school teachers. I've always enjoyed cooking, but it has become much more important as we've adopted two beautiful girls (our adoption journey could be an entire blog by itself). We are lucky to have two healthy, beautiful girls who we adopted at birth--it was love at first sight. They are now 3 and 18 months old. Our 3-year old is a pretty picky eater, but she isn't just picky, she also doesn't eat very much either. Our 18 month old, loves to eat and often finishes her sister's plate (or from any other plate, if no one is watching).
Family picture from 3-17-12 (St. Patrick's Day and our 11th anniversary)

Now that my husband and I have a family, it has been more important to us to eat together. We love to eat out, but taking kids out to eat is exhausting and we have only a few choices in our small town. Thus, I've started cooking more at home. I like to cook, but don't want to spend all day cooking, so I look for quick recipes.

Cooking using muffin tins has been an excellent way to make meals for my family that are portioned, quick to cook, easy to clean and store left overs. I hope to share my ideas with you.

I've been using muffin tins for almost a year now to make various recipes (not everyday, but once a week or so). I've been reading some other blogs (which I will share) that also use muffin tins and gathering more ideas for recipes to try. I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment